- Fill your favorite mug with warm (not hot) water
- Squeeze juice from half of a fresh lemon (organic if possible) into the water
- Feel it warm your body as it travels to your stomach and beyond
I am one of those oddballs; I don’t drink coffee. I don’t even like the smell of it. But sometimes I start my day with my own version of a caffeine. My morning kick comes in the form of a silver can with a black and red label. And it isn’t good for you in any way, shape or form. And I know from experience that the first thing that goes into my mouth in the morning will impact many of my food/beverage choices for the remainder of the day.
It’s a habit I’m challenging.
Replacing my morning caffeine kick with warm, lemon water is the new habit I am building. I love the way it tastes and I love the way it feels as it travels down my throat and into my belly, warming the pathway as it goes. Putting something warm and refreshing in my stomach first thing in the morning – now that’s good habit!
The benefits of lemons are fairly well known. But let’s just take a quick peek at some of the benefits of starting your day with this life-affirming, cost effective, easy to implement habit.
I challenge you – as I do myself – to start your day for the rest of the month with this comforting, healthy beverage. I’m guessing we’ll all want to carry it over into next month too!
10 Ways This Habit Will Improve Your Life
- Balances your PH: Alkalinity is the key to good health. Warm lemon water helps to alkalize your system after a night’s sleep.
- Boosts your immunity by flushing out toxins and purifying your blood
- Jumpstarts your digestive and lymphatic systems
- Stimulates bile production to help cleanse the liver
- Supports a healthy metabolism
- Helps maintain eye health
- Is a gentle, natural diuretic
- High in Vitamin C which helps with the general health of your skin
- Freshens breath, reduces joint pain and nourishes brain and nerve cells
- Replenishes body salts on very hot days or after a heavy workout