The holidays can be a wonderful time marked by gatherings with family and friends, great food and the spirit of giving. But who hasn’t experienced an overload of such good cheer?
If you find yourself feeling more stressed than celebratory, don’t despair. IT IS POSSIBLE to feel calm, joyous, in control and in balance, while still making merry!
Here are 5 Powerful “tools” to help you “De-Stress and Love Your Holidays.”
- Break the habit of stress during the Holidays
- Use a calming breath to break the stress pattern and help change your focus while allowing increased oxygen to expand your blood vessels
- The calm that follows is the perfect opportunity to observe any negative self-talk
- Vision a STOP sign or delete button halting negative thoughts and say “Change” to yourself as you move from negative to positive thoughts and feelings
- Replace negative conversations in your head-with positive self-talk
Try these on or come up with your own words to counter monkey mind and stressful thinking:
- “It will all work out”
- “I do have enough time”
- “I have accomplished so much already”
- “It’s ok to let go of…(fill in the blank)”
- “I’m focused on having more inner peace”
- Indulge without overindulging
- Holiday gatherings usually mean alcoholic beverages and rich foods. Rest assured you can enjoy yourself without overindulging.
At the buffet table:
Use a small plate and serve yourself 1-2 bites of more calorie rich foods
Drink a full glass of water in between alcoholic drinks
Walk away from the buffet table and focus on connecting with people
- Give your body what it craves
Remember: your body loves to move! Forget about “exercise” and think “movement.”
- Park your car as far from the store as possible and get some extra fresh air
- Walk briskly around the mall before making purchases
- Gather friends for a lively holiday stroll
- Put on some music and dance while wrapping those presents
- Feel yourself in control
Drowning in holiday to-dos? Getting in tune with your body and mind can help you feel more in control.
- First, write down everything you need to get done before the end of the year
- Close your eyes and think about your list. How does your body feel? Tight? Tingly? Tired? Tense?
- Next, imagine yourself consulting your “Inner Wise Person” for advice, then eliminate just one item on your list
- Notice how your body feels now! Welcome the feeling of calm
- Revisit your list – are there other tasks you could cross off or re- prioritize
- Vision your future seeing yourself calm, organized, choosing healthy foods, enjoying movement and feeling balanced as the year winds down
- Take a good deep breath as you focus on your inner calmness and open your eyes
- Affirm your health and well-being
- I take time every day to move my body
- I remember to eat only small portions of rich foods
- I am conscious of what goes into my mouth
- I stop eating when I am no longer hungry
- I use my breath to stop the tension-stress cycle
- I focus on people, not eating or drinking
- I drink lots of water
- I take time to relax and be calm
- My life flows easier as I feel more and more balanced
Practice and focus on one or more of these tools daily for even just five minutes a day and you’ll connect to your inner peace this holiday season.
And, when you consciously choose to have more peace instead of stress during the holidays, you naturally experience more joy and balance as well! It’s the gift of using your powerful mind.
Wishing you a whole holiday season filled with much peace, joy and happiness!
For More Information Visit: www.healinghypnotherapy.com
Or Email Jackie at: firstname.lastname@example.org